Friday, October 14, 2011

Living in the Past, in the Present

I've had a bit of a British week and indulged in marathon sessions of Downton Abbey and Upstairs, Downstairs. Both cover pre-war Britain before the first and second world wars respectively. I've always loved those eras and the interior design and fashion that go along with them. It's incredibly elegant, with the occasional hints of playful whimsy. I can't get enough of it and am happy to announce both will return for season 2 in 2012.

Downton Abbey

Upstairs, Downstairs

Photos from: herehereherehereherehereherehere, here, here, here, here

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE Downton Abbey as well. I'm totally addicted to it. It's a pity that British TV seasons have so few episodes... I can't wait for the new season to be aired!

    Be Indie, Be Trendy

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love British costume dramas, but I haven't even heard of these. I'm definitely checking them out. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Downton Abbey starts in January, I'm so excited. Upstairs, Downstairs doesn't happen until late next year, but I'm still so glad it's returning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally obsessed with period dramas and Downton Abbey most of all. I need to check Upstairs, Downstairs now! Thanks Sasha!

    ReplyDelete