Friday, August 12, 2011

Ramen Time

I spent the day job hunting then trekked down to San Mateo with my friends for one of my favorite meals—Ramen! We hit up Ramen Dojo where I proceeded to overload my noodles and spicy garlic pork broth with all the toppings I could fit in. Topped off the evening with cream-filled fish-shaped delights at Sweet Breams.

It's an awkward feeling taking photos of yourself, but here's my first attempt at a real outfit post, the kind that doesn't involve taking a picture of your reflection in a mirror. I apologize if I can't pose to save my life, but I did include a photo of my dog to make up for it.

Since Bay Area weather is notoriously fickle, a sunny day doesn't guarantee a warm night. I had no idea what to expect, so I kept it warmish, but light, and layered on a gray vest before leaving the house.
outfit1

outfit3
boots
Sweater: Stella McCartney for Gap Kids, Pants: Zara, Boots: Joe's Jeans
closeup hand
Bracelets: J.Crew, Banana Republic, Misc., Polish: Zoya

I brought my camera alone for the sole purpose of taking photos of ramen and clearly failed. My stomach was yelling at me, so once the bowl was put down, it was all about eating. Here are the remains of my meal. It was delicious and looked great, I promise.
ramen
ramen2
How cute are these fishies? The store was also filed with the type of Japanese toys and art that convince you that yes, you do need a flashlight shaped like a pig.
fishie2
fishie3
On the way back to the car, we spotted this in the window of a store.
bear

Fear the bear with the beard!


No comments:

Post a Comment