Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Could This Be The One?

Some gals go gaga for bags and need the latest It bag on their arm, or else their lives are over. But me? I'm not a bag person. I tend to use one bag for months at a time before either breaking it or getting completely sick of it. Then, I get frustrated trying to find a bag that'll be functional, but attractive, affordable, but not cheap. It's a tough dance, especially as the price of bags sky rockets to ridiculous levels. Right now, I'm carrying a bright blue slouchy tote by Rebecca Minkoff that I scored for $200 at Nordstrom Rack. To be honest, it's the most I've ever paid for a bag since all my other totes were gifts from mummy.

Top: 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli $895 from Nordstrom | Bottom (L-R): Proenza Schouler PS11 $1850 from Proenza Schouler, Reed Krakoff Boxer $1390 from Net-a-Porter, Celine Luggage Shopper $1480 from Bluefly

For the past few seasons, there have been several bags that have caught my attention for their classic, yet edgy, styling and timeless appeal. The Celine Luggage Tote, Reed Krakoff Boxer and Proenza Schouler PS11, for example. But the price points are too steep for my taste. Enter the 3.1 Phillip Lim Pashli. I discovered it while browsing Susie Bubble's site today and I have to say, it's definitely tickled my fancy. At $895, it's still pricey, but not so much that it makes me want to run into a corner to cry. Considering how often I'd use it, it would be a decent investment. Now if only I could get my bank account to agree with me.

1 comment: